Friday, April 22, 2011

Richie's birthday cookies - April 22, 2011


Happy Earth Day, dinner clubbers! It is also Richie's birthday today and since we are both going in different directions tonight (me to yoga teacher training and he to see Rush in concert in Baltimore) we are not having a special dinner. Actually, it is somewhat rare for us to even be together at all on either of our birthdays as it seems that one or both of us is usually traveling for work on those days. Today I happen to be working from home, so in between conference calls and emails, I decided to whip up a batch of Richie's favorite chocolate chip cookies as a special birthday treat.

These are from the Cook's Illustrated "Baking Illustrated" cookbook and are the best! They have two recipes - one for thin and crispy cookies and another for big thick cookies. Richie prefers the thin cookies. I'm still working on my baking skills... no matter how precise I am in my measurements, it seems like they turn out a little differently every time. These ended up a little too thin and crispy, although some of them are plumper than others. I don't understand what I do wrong... too little flour? Too much sugar? Who knows! Anyway, they still taste great!


1 comment:

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Richie! Chocolate chip cookies plus Neil Peart??? Sounds like a great day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails