Sunday, April 10, 2011

Quinoa and Black Beans - April 10, 2011


We bought a huge bag of quinoa at Costco a while back and I've been trying different recipes that feature the super grain. Most are good, but nothing that really wowed us. I think I've finally found a real winner!

I found this recipe simply by googling "quinoa" and "black beans." It was the first one listed in Allrecipes, which I've found to be a hit-or-miss resource. It's like the world's largest church ladies cookbook: easy, tasty and crowd-pleasing food, though often a bit heavy on the "cream of something soup" type ingredients! This recipe had the best of all worlds - easy to make, not overly processed, and yummy. We particularly like the kick that the cayenne gives it, but you could scale that back if you want.

1 comment:

Jess said...

This looks delicious, Jaime! And I totally agree with your assessment of Allrecipes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails