Monday, January 25, 2010

Variation on Salmon Curry - Jan 24, 2010


Salmon Curry with Sweet Potatoes

I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things around here. Cooking is still a bit limited on my part due to a pesky 10 pound lifting restriction. This prevents almost all use of my cast iron pots and pans unless Nick is around to do the lifting. Lucky for me, Nick is a strong cook and has been picking up some of the slack, along with the pots and pans. I'll let him fill you in on the details.

Last night was a team effort. We used JJ's salmon curry recipe, and on her recommendation, substituted sweet potatoes for the regular potatoes. While the original is still my favorite, I liked the slightly more earthy flavor this change brought to the dish. It's difficult to see in the picture, but we also used a red onion, which added a little more color. The peanuts were ground in our handy-dandy hand crank peanut grinder scored at one of my last thrift store runs.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails