Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Polenta and Black Beans - Jan 5, 2010


Spicy Black Beans over Broiled Polenta

Organizing the fridge yesterday in an attempt to take stock of leftovers and clear shelf space for an upcoming grocery visit, I found a container of formerly creamy polenta, solidified into a cold solid mass. It became my dinner muse. I cooked up some black beans with onions, garlic, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, oregano, and a pinch of smoked Spanish paprika. While that was cooking on the stove, I sliced the polenta into half inch thick pieces and put them under a pre-heated broiler until they were heated through and toasty around the edges. Then I scooped a healthy portion of beans on top and smothered the whole thing with sharp cheddar. It was really good. I like how polenta has a bit of a Jekyll/Hyde thing going on.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails