Monday, January 18, 2010

Cafe Rushmore - Jan 16, 2010


Pancetta and Taleggio Lasagna with Treviso and Caesar Salad

Saturday we hosted friends, Katrina and Steve, for a Cafe Rushmore evening. I was excited because it was the perfect excuse to try this recipe from 'Bon Appetit' that I've had my eye on for a couple months. I didn't want to make the whole lasagna for just Nick and I, but a dinner for four made it much more suitable. I made up the lasagna the day before, which is a huge bonus when hosting dinner, and Nick made his favorite Caesar salad dressing and homemade croutons for the side. Dessert was some homemade cinnamon gelato with espresso to complete the subtly Italian theme.

The lasagna was good, if a little bland. The bitterness of the radicchio was tempered by both cooking it and pairing it with the creamy sauce. I'm not sure that I'm a big fan of taleggio cheese, but it did melt nicely into the sauce. I think something with a little sharper flavor might complement the dish better.


Radicchio

The radicchio was so beautiful that I had to snap a quick picture before slicing it all up for the lasagna filling.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails