Friday, January 15, 2010

Spicy Shrimp and Shallot Glass Noodles - Jan 14, 2010


Pan-Seared Sichuan Shrimp with Mung Bean Noodles

This is a recipe I modified slightly from February's "Food & Wine" magazine. It got voted staff favorite, which is always a good sign. Also, it was listed as fast, which I appreciate on weeknights. The original recipe can be found here. My modifications include swapping out the scallions for one medium shallot, finely sliced, and using Penzey's Four Peppercorn Blend in place of the Sichuan peppercorns. This was great. It packs a little heat, but it's not overpowering. I really liked the sweetness the sauteed shallots and ginger brought to the dish. Next time we make it I will also add some shredded cabbage right at the end. I think the extra crunch provided would be a lovely addition.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails