Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Quinoa - Jan 4, 2010


Parmesan Pepper Quinoa with Poached Egg over Baby Spinach

JJ sent me home with a bag of quinoa after I had mentioned that I wanted to start experimenting with alternative grains over the weekend. I did a bit of research so I knew how to properly cook it, and then decided to make something simple, so as to experience the taste and texture of the quinoa better. After cooking the quinoa in boiling water for 20 minutes, I mixed in some oregano infused olive oil and some freshly grated parmesan cheese and pepper to taste. We put it over baby spinach and topped with a poached egg. Nick and I both really enjoyed it. The texture was the perfect combination of soft yet structural, kind of like steel cut oats, and the taste was subtly nutty. I am excited to experiment some more.


Spotted Cow Ale

Another treasure we brought home from Madison and enjoyed with last night's dinner.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails