Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mies en Place - Jan 19, 2010


Beans, Rice, and Grains

Yesterday's project involved a little cupboard curating. Nick and I have been making a conscious effort (or at least it's been conscious on my part) to eat more beans and grains. It's not difficult, because we really love the taste and variety they add to our diet. What was a problem, however, was the disarray on my shelves, where all of the plastic bags from bulk purchases of said items were creating havoc and not allowing me quick and easy access for meal prep. The solution involved buying a flat of large canning jars and instigating a new storage method. Now, not only can I clearly see where things are, but also easily take stock of what needs replenishing next time I'm at the co-op. Organizing makes me happy!

For those interested our current stash includes: black beans; cannellini beans; garbanzo beans; ojo de tigre heirloom beans from Rancho Gordo; pinto beans, red kidney beans; brown short grain rice; brown basmati rice; bulgar wheat; jasmine rice; lentils; polenta; quinoa; Thai white glutinous rice; wild rice; and whole wheat cous cous
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails