Monday, January 11, 2010

Chicken Mole - Jan 10, 2010


Sauteed Chicken Breasts on Brown Basmati with Mole Sauce

I have been wanting to make mole sauce since early fall when I saw a recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens magazine. My resolve deepened after seeing an episode of "Mexico: One Plate at a Time," Rick Bayless' cooking show on PBS, where Rick made mole sauce, a month or so ago. Finally, after stumbling across yet another, very approachable, recipe in my Cooking Light Cookbook last week, I picked up the ingredients and we made it last night. The rich, earthy flavor is perfect on a chilly night. And, it's hard not to love a savory sauce that combines chocolate, cloves and toasted almonds, with the garlic, chilies, and herbs.

*Note: we did not make Rick's version, linked to above, as the recipe was a little too involved for our motivation level last night, however, I would love to try it next time we make this.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails