Thursday, January 28, 2010

Grilled Cheese - Jan 26, 2010


Grilled Three Cheese and Caramelized Shallot Sandwich on Whole Wheat Sourdough

I've decided it is beyond my capabilities to photograph grilled cheese and make it look appealing, and I have the utmost respect for those that can. Regardless, this is what I made for dinner two nights ago and it tasted great. I had baked a fresh loaf of my favorite bread earlier that day and decided I wanted some good, old-fashioned comfort food for dinner. I used sharp cheddar, blue cheese, and something called caprino that I picked up in the odds and ends cheese basket at the co-op. I also sliced up a shallot and caramelized it with a splash of balsamic vinegar. These ingredients were loaded into the middle of the sandwich and grilled, or more accurately, griddled until toasty and melty. Something about the fragrance emitted while this is cooking instantly transports me back to being 7 years old in my Mom's kitchen, warm, happy and well-fed.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails