Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tuscan Kale and Navy Bean Stew - Jan 13, 2010


Ribollita with Tuscan Kale and Navy Beans

When I was over at 101 Cookbooks finding the broccoli quinoa recipe, this also caught my eye. I had a big bunch of Tuscan kale in the fridge from my last co-op visit. Serendipitously, I also had a half a 30 oz can of tomatoes left over from Monday's sandwiches and my second baguette was already 2 days old and needed to be used. This recipe took care of both of those ingredients. The only thing I substituted was a finely chopped red turnip for the 4 stalks of celery. I didn't have any celery and I am reserving my celeriac for another purpose. The turnip worked out fine. I also added a little dried basil and oregano, as well as a pinch of smoked Spanish paprika since the recipe was light on seasonings. The chopped olives and lemon zest make this dish. Overall, a very hearty and satisfying meal.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails