Thursday, March 18, 2010

Wild Rice Potato Salad - March 17, 2010


Roasted Potato Salad over Wild Rice

This was our St. Patrick's Day meal. I'm not a big fan of corned beef, and while I love it, we didn't have any cabbage on hand. That left potatoes as the obvious and available choice for last night's theme. Also, we have a rather large container of left-over wild rice from our weekend up North and I wanted to incorporate some of that too. I found this recipe and decided it was a go. This meal was tasty, especially with the mustard vinaigrette. I ended up omitting the cream, parsnips and shallots as we didn't have any on the shelves. Yellow onions made a quick substitution for scallions. I made just enough for two, as the fridge can't really handle any more leftovers right now (still working on that cassoulet). I think I might throw the remaining wild rice in the freezer so I can pull it out for upcoming quick weeknight meals.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails