Friday, March 05, 2010

Blood Orange Upside Down Cake - March 5, 2010


Blood Orange Polenta Upside Down Cake

It's a special day here at Dinner Club. Happy Birthday Nick! Nick leads off the Dinner Club Birthdays for 2010, with a quick succession occurring throughout the Spring and Summer and then, of course, Anna anchors things in November. While I don't technically bake birthday cakes anymore (thank you Patrick's), I did decide to make this cake for the Friday dessert and it conveniently correlates with a birthday. It's what I like to call a win-win.


Cake Collage

Speaking of wins, have you checked out this cake? The recipe is from the March issue of Bon Appetit and can be found online here. I would highly recommend you make one while the citrus season is in full swing. I had my doubts about what things would look like once I flipped that skillet, as I don't have a good track record with these sorts of things. But, to my delight, it came out looking absolutely beautiful, with not an orange out of place. I couldn't help myself from taking picture after picture. So feast your eyes friends. It also tastes divine. I think it would be delicious in a Meyer lemon/rosemary version too.

Cheers!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

j.j. said...

Beautiful!!! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NICK!! Have a great weekend....

Chip said...

Nick is one lucky birthday boy!! What a gorgeous cake you baked. Wish I had a slice RIGHT now!!! nan

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails