Friday, March 19, 2010

Adobo White Beans - March 18, 2010


Adobo White Beans with Cilantro Pesto

Thanks to the smoky adobo sauce, this smelled just like bacon when I pulled it out of the oven last night. I could stop my description there and you would already know how awesome this meal was. The recipe caught my eye on earlier searches and was filed away until I could pick up a few things at the co-op. These are some of the navy beans left over from the huge batch I cooked up for the cassoulet. I froze the extra and pulled them out yesterday afternoon to use for this in place of the corona beans. Feta was the cheese of choice because I could not find queso fresco, which is not to say it wasn't there, just if it was, I could not locate it. I will probably find it next time when I'm in a random aisle looking for something else and have no need for it. I speak from experience people. In hindsight, I'm glad I was forced to use the feta as it's saltiness added great flavor to the dish. The cilantro pesto, while an extra step, with accompanying extra dishes to wash, is a must in my opinion, even if you do have that gene that makes cilantro taste like soap. It adds a brightness that helps temper the heat of the adobo, without taking away any of the bacon-y characteristics. Mmmm...this is sure to be enjoyed often at our house.

Also, for those of you keeping tabs on the NCAA basketball tournament...YEAH BADGERS!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails