Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Skillet "Pizza" - March 2, 2010


Tortilla Pizza with White Bean Hummus, Sauteed Fennel and Caramelized Onions

Last night was one of those nights where plans fell through and dinner needed to be made last minute and on the fly. In the fridge I had a small container of leftover cooked cannellini beans, half a head of fennel, and flour tortillas.

Just to be clear, that's not all that was in my fridge, just the pertinent contents.

I scoured the internet and my cookbooks for inspiration and finally saw a recipe for a white bean hummus pizza in my Cooking Light cookbook. While I didn't have time to make the dough, the tortilla worked in a pinch. I also didn't have the ingredients for the toppings, so onions and fennel, with a dusting of parmesan cheese, did the trick. It was quite tasty, and perfect for one. Unfortunately, we are two, so we had to grab a few other previously blogged leftovers to make up the difference.


Skillet Pizza in Context


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails