Monday, March 22, 2010

Refried Bean Tacos - March 19, 2010


Refried Beans with Cilantro Pesto, Salsa Lisa, and Feta on Homemade Flour Tortillas

After last week's revelation that I love canned chipotles in adobo sauce because they remind me of bacon, I decided to use said ingredients as often as possible this weekend. Friday night I made refried beans, adding adobo sauce to flavor, of course. This we piled on homemade flour tortillas (thanks to JJ for teaching me how to make 'em), along with leftover cilantro pesto, salsa, and feta. Yum!


Hot Wings

Saturday we made wings to munch on while watching March Madness (damn it, Badgers!). We did two flavors: our favorite from last time, sweet and sticky, which used hot pepper jelly, and a new one, maple-chipotle, which used chipotles in adobo. Both were excellent, but I give a slight edge to the maple-chipotle due to my new found infatuation.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails