Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pan Seared Beans and Kale - March 9, 2010


Pan-Seared Navy Beans with Kale, Walnuts and Pecorino

I cooked up nearly three pounds of dried navy beans this week for an upcoming weekend project (stay tuned). Yes, you read right...3 lbs. Needless to say, I had a few extra (though not as much as you might expect) beans around and decided to incorporate some into one of our weeknight dinners. One of my favorite food blogs had a recent bean recipe posted and it sounded perfect. It was pretty darn close. I switched the bean variety, but other than that stayed true to the instructions. Pan-frying the beans was a new technique to me, but I have a feeling I will be doing this often in the future. It added a nice crispy texture and a more complex flavor than my more familiar bean prepping methods.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails