Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Wild Rice with Broccoli and Smoked Trout - March 23, 2010


Wild Rice with Pan Seared Broccoli, Sauteed Crimini Mushrooms, and Smoked Trout

We are still working through that wild rice from our weekend up north. It makes for such quick meal prep when it's already cooked. I made this meal up of components I dug out of the fridge without a real recipe, although I did 'borrow' ideas from other bowls of grain and veggies we've made over the last few months as I went along. I mixed the rice with a mustard vinaigrette composed of stone ground mustard, white wine vinegar, olive oil, and a minced garlic clove. I mixed in the broccoli and mushrooms and topped with some canned smoked trout. It was really tasty...both Nick and I had seconds so no leftovers remained to take up space in the fridge.

On a side note, I'm super excited that it stays light out long enough for me to photograph dinner! Since it's low-tech and low skill on the photography front around here, daylight helps immensely.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails