Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Wild Rice with Smoked Trout and Spinach - March 1, 2010


Wild Rice with Smoked Trout and Spinach

A little while back I was inspired by wild rice and did a quick recipe search for some ideas incorporating it. Last night's meal was based on this recipe. I used spinach instead of snap peas since we didn't have the latter. I also omitted the dill and scallions for the same reason. This was really tasty, I think especially due to the tangy mustard vinaigrette. The original, un-modified recipe would be a great dish for Easter dinners, what with the hard boiled eggs and the spring peas.

*Also, on a side note, for those of you wondering the results of the frozen deep dish pizza dough test, it worked like a charm. I followed Cook's Illustrated's advice and let the dough fully rise before freezing it. To thaw, I placed it in the refrigerator overnight and pulled it out to the counter 2 hours before rolling it out. I couldn't tell any difference between the fresh and the frozen. That was Friday/Sunday's dinner.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails