Friday, August 28, 2009

Sweet Corn Salad - Aug 27, 2009


Sweet Corn and Black Bean Salad

In an attempt to honor my pledge of pulling out all my summer favorites before it's too late, I made this salad last night. I originally got this recipe from my sister Kate. It's so lovely...sweet and tangy and perfect as a summer side-dish. To convert to a main course, I added about a half can of black beans and served it with our favorite tortilla chips. The basic recipe is as follows: 2-3 ears of sweet corn, boiled for 1-2 minutes and cut off the cob, half a chopped red onion, a diced tomato, fresh parsley to taste, 3 tbsp red wine vinegar, a dash of olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. You can also put in a splash of hot sauce of your choice (or maybe even add a chopped jalapeno if you like things spicy!). Best served room temp or chilled. Enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails