Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mmmelons - Aug 19, 2009


Melon Bacon Salad with Sweet Toasted Sesame Dressing

I am not exaggerating when I say that I have had this recipe sitting out on my counter for two months while patiently waiting for some melons. 'Better Homes and Gardens' published it in their July issue (which of course comes out in June) and I knew this would be a hit at our house. I used a bed of salad greens, topped with the melon, some cucumber and crispy bacon and poured the sweet toasted sesame-ginger dressing on top. What a fun bowlful of flavors! When we get more melons, this will definitely get made again.


Darling Little Melon (French Breakfast Melon, I think?)


Yellow Watermelon


Watermelon Aguas Frescas

We had some leftover yellow watermelon and it was too delicious to waste. I pureed what was left, added some ginger simple syrup, a couple scoops of yogurt and ice, blended, and topped with lemon bubble water. The perfect light and refreshing dessert.

Nick and I head to Madison shortly (yay!) to spend a couple days en route to a wedding in Illinois this weekend. We'll have fun Madison pictures to share upon our return!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails