Friday, August 14, 2009

Cauliflower Salad - Aug 13, 2009


Creamy Cauliflower and Carrot Salad with Cold Grilled Chicken

Our new CSA delivery yesterday spurred me to try and use up veggies from the last delivery, 2 weeks ago! The head of cauliflower was taking up a lot of space in the fridge, so I decided it had to be the main ingredient. I made up a salad recipe inspired both by a broccoli salad my mom makes and by a recipe I found in 'Asparagus to Zucchini.' I chopped up the head of cauliflower, some carrots, and dried apricots, threw in a handful of sunflower seeds and a little bacon, and tossed with a yogurt vinaigrette. It was crunchy and cold and tasted quite yummy. I also pulled out some leftover grilled chicken and served that on the side, cold.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails