Monday, August 31, 2009

Eggplant and Chevre Pasta - Aug 28, 2009


Creamy Chevre, Eggplant and Caramelized Onion Pasta


Cute Eggplant Hat

Friday night's dinner featured a darling little eggplant, some caramelized onions, chevre, fresh garden herbs, and unfortunately, a whole lot of salt. Sadly, a case of too many cooks. The recipe is out of my Foster's Market Cookbook (my go-to for brownies and cookies), and was a bit fussier than I usually choose to attempt... lots of ingredients, lots of steps, that sort of thing. Nick asked if he could help and I happily accepted. His task was to whip up the 'Italian vinaigrette' to dress the pasta. Unbeknownst to me, the vinaigrette was seasoned with a healthy amount of salt. As I tossed everything together, I realized that I had not added any salt, and proceeded to do so. End result...too salty. Nick was a trooper and ate it anyway. I could only get through half a bowl.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails