Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stuffed Peppers - Aug 17, 2009


Bell Peppers stuffed with Shredded Chicken, Jarlsberg and topped with Salsa Fresca

Last night we decided to make some stuffed peppers. I've had trouble in the past getting all the topping into the often irregularly shaped peppers. So, this time, I cut the pepper in half the long way and stuffed it on it's side, like a boat. Problem solved. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I used up some of our grilled chicken and mixed up a tomato, onion and jalapeno salsa fresca to put on top. We served the meal with our favorite local tortilla chips from Whole Grain Milling Co. and opened a New Glarus Raspberry Tart. With the exception of the Jarlsberg (the only cheese we had in the fridge...I would have preferred a local sharp cheddar), everything on our plates was local, from either Minnesota or Wisconsin.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails