Monday, September 26, 2011

Homemade Celery Salt - Sept 11, 2011



A few CSA deliveries ago, Nick and I got a beautiful bunch of celery, complete with lots of leaves. I had seen a post over on Heidi Swanson's inspirational blog, 101 Cookbooks, months back, which I mentally bookmarked, about making one's own celery salt. The Harmony Valley newsletter reminded me of this particular post. It was time to give it a try.



I diligently followed the directions, washing and drying the celery leaves and roasting them in the oven. I actually ended up roasting them a bit longer than Heidi recommended, as when I first pulled them out of the oven they weren't crispy enough. I'm sure the time varies depending on numerous factors.



I ended up with a little jar of delightful looking celery salt. We used this for Bloody Marys at a brunch we hosted last weekend for some family and friends who were in town. It was a fun experiment and I am looking forward to trying it out in some of the other dishes that Heidi recommends.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails