Thursday, May 20, 2010

This Week's Veggies - May 20, 2010


New Delivery, Fun Veggies

Our second delivery from the Farm arrived today (we're on the every other week plan, which suits the two of us and our eating habits well). This week brings more fun items, including a new green called salad burnet, which I am excited to try. It's description of leaves tasting a bit like cucumber has my interest piqued and I'm wondering if some of it won't find it's way into a Pimm's Cup for me to sip on the porch this weekend. Speaking of alcoholic beverages, we might get a batch of rhubarb vodka started with some of this week's rhubarb. I've already planted my herbs from the pack and am looking forward to fresh basil and rosemary all summer long. Green garlic is a favorite from last year and, with all the fun greens this week, including arugula in the choice box, I think we'll be enjoying some more great salads.

Thanks Harmony Valley Farm!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Fay Campbell said...

rhubarb vodka? I think you should maybe send details.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails