Monday, May 03, 2010

Sunflower and Sesame Seed Bread- May 2, 2010


Sunflower and Sesame Seed Bread

As Nick's blog post hinted, we had a busy weekend of household chores around here...mowing, planting, weeding, replacing headlights...you get the picture. That, combined with a lovely brunch at our friends' left us with a weekend of minimal cooking. I did, however, try a new bread recipe so I have a little something to share with you this Monday.

Not wanting to show up to brunch empty handed, I brought a jar of dandelion jelly and decided to bake some bread to go with it. I usually make my standard whole wheat sourdough with the sourdough starter that JJ gave me, which I love, but this gave me an opportunity to try something new. This recipe came right in my bread machine owner's manual and caught my eye because it had molasses in it. Yes, molasses, along with the sunflower seeds, sesame seeds (and cumin seeds, but I omitted because I only had powdered cumin and I thought that would be weird), white and whole wheat flour. It smelled so good while baking that I ended up making a second batch for Nick and I for the week. It bakes on the French bread cycle, so it's light and airy, which is a nice juxtaposition to the hearty flavors of the seeds and molasses.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

j.j. said...

Wow...it looks like it turned out PERFECT! yummy~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails