Thursday, May 20, 2010

Cajun-Cuban Beans and Rice with Corn - May 17, 2010


Pinto Beans, Brown Basmati Rice and Shoepeg Corn with Cajun Seasonings and Cuban influence

We had some leftover rice from a stir fry meal last week and some pinto beans in the freezer, so I did a bit of searching on one of my favorite food sites, key words 'rice and beans,' and found a couple recipes, here and here, that sounded good. Combining elements from each, we ended up with the meal you see here. I had a can of shoepeg corn and decided to add it for some interest. I also chopped up some fresh savory, oregano, chives and thyme to add some flavor. Since we don't have 'Cajun' seasoning on the shelf, I combined cayenne, chili powder and smoked Spanish Paprika. To finish, I added some French breakfast radishes for garnish and crunch.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails