Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sunchoke and Rhubarb Stir Fry - May 11, 2010


Sunchoke, Rhubarb, Crimini, and Red Russian Kale Stir Fry

Last night I decided to throw a CSA veggie medley into the wok and see how it would turn out. I heated a little peanut oil in the wok and then threw in chopped sunchokes, rhubarb, crimini mushrooms and red Russian kale, in that order. A clove of minced fresh garlic and a splash or two of tamari finished things off.


...Over Rice

We put this over some brown Basmati rice to serve. Verdict? It was pretty good, although I did think the tartness of the rhubarb to be a bit jarring on the palate combined with the earthiness of the rest of the veggies. Next time I might try half peanut oil and half toasted sesame oil to tone that down a bit, or just omit the rhubarb altogether. Also, I should have chopped up the kale more than I did, as it was a bit stringy and difficult to chew. The devil is, as they say, in the details.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails