Saturday, May 08, 2010

Champagne Limoncello Cocktail with Mint - May 8, 2010


a.k.a. The Bubble-Mint Lemon-JLO

It was my Birthday over the weekend and in the Dinner Club tradition of 2010 I (shamelessly) made myself a signature birthday cocktail. I found the recipe here. Instead of regular limoncello, I used the organic Lemongrass Cello that Kate and Scott got me for Christmas. Otherwise I stuck to the recipe.


LOFT Lemongrass Cello Liqueur

Yum! So many things to love about this beverage...it's chartreuse, bubbly, citrus-y, and minty. I've noticed my mint is up in the yard, and perhaps yours is too. I think this is a very fun use for it. It's something a little different than the average mimosa. I love the lemongrass flavor, but I think regular limoncello would be just as tasty. Consider it for a spring brunch, or perhaps to toast Mom today.

Cheers!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jaime said...

I'm sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday Jess! (I don't remember anyone's without Facebook telling me!) Hope you had a good one!!!

Fay Campbell said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday. This Sparklin' Jesse cocktail sounds almost too good to be true (like you) and I can't wait to try it.

Fay Campbell said...

And I think I'll use lemonbalm or maybe pineapple mint instead of regular mint. Nummy.

j.j. said...

so pretty! Happy birthday again...so good to catch up a bit today and I can't wait to see you guys in the next month!! Yay!~

Jess said...

Oooh, Fay...GREAT idea using alternatively flavored mints/herbs! I am going to have to give that a try.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails