Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Smoothies


Mint and Green Tea Smoothie

In celebration of Jaime's great news, I thought I would post about my current smoothie obsession. Inspired by something similar at Tao Natural Foods, I make myself one of these nearly every day around lunchtime. I never measure anything, but I'll give some guidelines in case anyone wants to try this at home. I start with 3/4 cup good quality plain yogurt (I'm using my homemade right now!), one banana, 1-2 ice cubes, 8-10 fresh mint leaves, 1-2 teaspoons of Moroccan Mint loose leaf green tea, 1/2 cup almond milk and 1/2 cup horchata (I buy this pre-made at the co-op and it's got some yummy sweet and spicy flavor to it, so I don't have to add any additional sweetener). I blend it all up and drink. It is subtly minty and sweet and always seems to hit the spot! Cheers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails