Thursday, July 21, 2011

Grilled Cheeseburgers with Strawberry Salad - July 14, 2011




As I type up this much belated post, our oven and stove top is operational again. Huzzah! Actually, with the excessive heat and humidity we've had this last week here in Minnesota (119 degree heat index thanks to the tropical dew points), I can't say that I was itching to turn on my stove. Although some nights were almost too hot to stand outside and grill as well. But, that's just what we did for this meal. I made up some 1/5 lb patties with chopped scallions, salt and pepper to season. Nick grilled them and added some medium cheddar at just the right moment and we piled them on homemade buns (yes, I know I need an oven for those, but these were made earlier and stored in the freezer until needed) with some fresh baby romaine lettuce. I also made up a side salad with some of our salad greens plus some freshly picked strawberries and a balsamic vinaigrette.

Appliances used: gas grill, freezer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails