Friday, July 22, 2011

Cucumber Mint Cooler - July 22, 2011


Great minds think alike! As part of my self-pampering and birthday celebration, I decided to make myself a rare cocktail. This is my attempt to recreate a refreshing (and paradoxically light) drink I had at the Melt Bar and Grilled in Cleveland called a "Cucumber Cooler." My version consisted of one of my home grown cucumbers - peeled and chopped, a handful of mint leaves, the juice of one lime, and a few ice cubes thrown in a blender and pureed. I then added a healthy shot of gin and poured it over ice. I realized it was missing something, so I topped off the glass with some tonic (seltzer water would have been a better choice but I didn't have any).

It was a delicious drink, especially on a day when the outside temperatures in the DC area hit an all-time record high of 105 degrees.


1 comment:

Jess said...

I knew I picked up the extra cucumbers out of the CSA 'swap box' for a reason! I made this for breakfast yesterday (substituting almond milk for the gin) and it was so refreshing! Thanks for the great inspiration

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails