Friday, January 21, 2011

Sunchoke and Cauliflower Hash - Jan 14, 2011


Roasted Sunchokes and Cauliflower with Bacon and Orange Zest

And my love affair with sunchokes (and cauliflower) continues. Nick and I whipped this meal up over the weekend. We cooked 2 strips of bacon first and reserved the fat for another project that I will write about soon. After removing the bacon from the pan, we added some onions. Once these were translucent, I added in the cauliflower and sunchokes in two batches so that we would get nicely crispy, browned edges instead of steamed veggies. We mixed everything together and seasoned with salt, pepper and some freshly grated orange zest. This was quite delicious and very easy, which was good since we spent the better part of the day with our butts planted on the couch watching football (after a lovely cross country ski outing in the morning). I am so excited that my beloved Steelers have moved on, as well as those talented Packers. I have not-so-secret hopes of the two meeting in the Superbowl this year. We will have to wait and see how the games turn out this weekend. I hope your team wins (as long as it's not the Jets)!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails