Monday, January 31, 2011

Garbanzo and Pork Stew - Jan 24, 2011


Garbanzo, Broccoli and Pork Stew

This meal used up some of our leftover L'Etoile pork roast from last week. We used a recipe from 101 Cookbooks and built on it. It seems a bit sacrilegious to start adding meat into vegetarian recipes, but I don't let anything stand in my way when I have leftovers to use up. We also used broccoli instead of cauliflower, but other than that, we followed directions and behaved. The end result was quite delicious and relatively healthy. I finished the bowls with some orange infused olive oil and smoked hickory salt, which was a gift from Ben and Ellen and we LOVE! It's been finding it's way onto everything around here, but my favorite is to sprinkle it on popcorn because it's the perfect medium to taste the delicious smokey flavor. Mmm, little luxuries make me happy.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails