Friday, November 06, 2009

Green Tea Biscuits - Nov 4, 2009


Matcha Shortbread Cookies

I think I originally purchased matcha powder to concoct matcha nutella when Nick stumbled across a recipe for some such thing. I never got around to it, but did have this matcha sitting around, burning a hole in my pocket. When I found the recipe for matcha shortbread cookies, I knew I had found my answer.







It's a very simple recipe, so these additional pictures don't explain anything, they're purely gratuitous. Such a lovely green, so cutely uniform in appearance...I just couldn't resist. Oh, and they taste delightful. Mildly sweet with an edge of bitterness from the tea, almost a cross between a cookie and a cracker. A biscuit, if you will. Irresistible.

Here is an additional recipe for matcha cookies that uses almond meal, just in case you have any left over from making horchata.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

j.j. said...

Green! Very pretty. I bet they work well on the 'healthier things to eat list' with the tea in them!! Yum

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails