Monday, November 23, 2009

Sweet Potato Biscuit Sliders - Nov 20, 2009


Ham and Dijon on Sweet Potato Biscuits with Caesar Salad

I thought I would sneak in this entry today before I head to Portland for Thanksgiving week. This biscuit recipe was in December's Bon Appetit (via Molly Wizenberg) and as soon as I read it I knew we had to make it. They turned out pretty well, although not as puffy as I expected. They were super flaky, however, and excellent with the dijon and ham. Since Thanksgiving is a pot-luck affair this year, I will be making these, sans ham and mustard, instead of dinner rolls for the big meal. How perfect is that? And, the Caesar salad was delicious as well. It's our latest trick for incorporating Omega-3's into our routine (anchovies are loaded with them!). Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! We are headed up to New York for Thanksgiving with Richie's Long Island relatives. I have been cooking (and eating) up a storm lately and keep meaning to get out my camera and start contributing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails