Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Thai Green Curry - Sept 26, 2009


Green Curry with Chicken, Eggplant, Potatoes, and Peppers

Yum! Saturday's dinner was indeed a happy melding of our fresh local CSA veggies, and several items imported from Thailand that I picked up at New Orient Market, one of my favorite ethnic markets in town. When Nick and I visited Thailand last year, we took a cooking class at the Samui Institute of Thai Culinary Arts (SITCA) and learned how to make proper Thai green curry paste (kruang gaeng kiaw waan), and to use it to make this dish, called gaeng kaiw waan gai, or green curry with chicken and potatoes. Since I have all kinds of Thai ingredients in my kitchen right now, we are going to be eating many Thai themed meals this week. I think it's a fun and delicious way to transition between summer and autumn cooking.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails