Thursday, September 24, 2009

Stocking Up - Sept 24, 2009


New Veggie Delivery

So colorful! I am really excited by the parsley root and the romanesco cauliflower. I already have plans for many of these delights. Thanks Harmony Valley Crew...and congrats on your county fair ribbons!


Thai Pantry Stocking

Switching gears to the exact opposite of seasonal and local, I also went to one of my favorite ethnic markets today. I love shopping at ethnic markets...it's like traveling around the world without the hassle of airports! Today's stop was the New Orient Market for all things Thai (and then some). I picked up supplies for making green curry paste (kruang gaeng kiaw waan) including fresh kaffir lime leaves, fresh Thai chilies, lemon grass, and galangal. While I was there I also stocked up on palm sugar, fish sauce, dried shrimp, and they sell white glutinous rice ('sweet' or 'sticky' rice) in bulk! I am going to make some green curry loaded up with a bunch of the fresh veggies from the CSA farm in a happy marriage of local and decidedly not local ingredients.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails