Monday, September 21, 2009

Sticky Rice with Mangoes - Sept 21, 2009


Coconut Sticky Rice with Mangoes and Thai Basil

Finally, an answer to my cryptic post from last week. After talking with JJ, I was inspired to make this dessert. I found a recipe, did a bit of research into the type of rice needed, made my grocery list, and went out to pick up supplies. I ran into a bit of trouble as none of my usual haunts carried 'white glutinous rice.' I did manage to find brown short grain rice, and in the bulk aisle at Whole Foods, a mix of purple glutinous rice and white jasmine rice. Since the recipe had alluded to this purple rice and because it was the only thing I found actually labeled 'glutinous,' this is what I ended up using. Pretty, huh? After not so patiently waiting for my mangoes to ripen, I was finally able to sample the fruits of my labor, so to speak. Yum! I can't wait for my second helping after dinner tonight.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

j.j. said...

Beautiful! I like the purple rice with the yellow mango...so colorful. I also like the links you added to other posts. I was amazed at how many posts happened on the 21st of the month!!! Is that an intent or coincidence?!?! Wow. You two are great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails