Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tuna Roll-Ups - June 22, 2009


Tuna, Garbanzo, Radish and Muenster on Green Leafy Lettuce

Here in Minneapolis it's been so hot I loathe to turn on lights, let alone the oven. Luckily this meal involved opening only cans and the refrigerator. I cut the radishes and muenster in equally sized cubes and they looked very similar on the plate, but obviously have very different tastes and textures in the mouth. It's an idea I found in one of the MFK Fisher books I read recently (she used the example of shredded carrots and orange zest in a salad). She suggests it as a way to keep us engaged and thoughtful with what we are eating instead of mindlessly putting forkful after forkful into our mouths. I like the idea of a fun surprise on our forks to keep us on our toes.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails