Thursday, June 25, 2009

Eggrolls - June 23, 2009


Napa Cabbage, 'Sausage,' and Jasmine Rice Eggrolls

This was a fun dinner! I came across the eggroll recipe when I was looking through the Chinese Cabbage section of "Asparagus to Zucchini" and thought it sounded like the perfect thing to do with our lovely head of Cabbage from this week's CSA box. Also, I liked that I could use up most of the remaining Gimme Lean 'Sausage' product from Sunday's supper and, using the mung bean noodles the recipe called for would save me from excessive use of the stove on this hot, hot, hot summer day. Great plan until I realized we were out of mung bean noodles. So brown jasmine rice was the pinch hitter and the stove was turned on (along with the AC!). We didn't have any of those little duck sauce packets saved from previous take-out dinners, so I made a little lime and fish sauce mixture for dipping, also inspired by a recipe in "A to Z."
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails