Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP KOP BLT - June 25, 2009


Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato and Jarlsburg on Whole Wheat Sourdough

Some may think it strange to commemorate Michael Jackson's sudden passing with a sandwich. Indeed, my friends, that was not my intent when planning this meal. Actually I was thinking of a use for all that fresh, cool, green leafy lettuce from the CSA and how much I love it paired with salty bacon and juicy tomatoes. When I heard the sad news about the King of Pop just before dinner, however, I couldn't help but think it an appropriate homage. Both singer and sandwich are classic*, both iconic...of course I also paid tribute by dancing madly (and not nearly as well as he) around my house all evening to his amazing music, cranked up pretty loudly. So, here's to you MJ - I miss you already.

*Turns out, one really shouldn't mess around too much with a classic. Horseradish mustard should NOT be used in direct ratio as a substitution for mayo...a case of a little going a long way.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick said...

Man, that horseradish was strong enough to raise the dead, Thriller-style!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails