Friday, June 05, 2009

CSA Delivery - June 4, 2009



Baby Broccoli and Toasted Sesame Salad with Smoked Gouda Burgers

We got lots of fun goodies in our CSA delivery this week! The most exotic item was hon tsai tai greens...they are in the foreground with the pretty yellow flowers. My favorite part of the CSA experience is receiving veggies that I would never buy if I were left up to my own devices, and figuring out what to do with them. I am lucky our CSA passes on some tips and recipes, like the broccoli salad we had last night. The dressing was so great with that rich toasted sesame oil and a little sweet honey. Plus, we've already used up the broccoli, hon tsai tai and the green garlic (plus 2 green onions which were chopped up in the burger) in one meal. Efficient use of our fresh veggies will be extra important this time around as we will be out of town for a good part of it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails