Thursday, August 09, 2012

Marinated Kale Salad - July 27, 2012




Our neighborhood pizza place inspired me to make this salad, as Nick and I enjoyed their version a couple of weeks ago.  I had never entertained the idea of marinating kale, but once I tasted it, I knew I needed to give it a try.  While my sister, Kate, stayed with us for ten days last month, she made the rounds, catching up with many of her local friends.  Fortuitously, one of those friends is an avid gardener and sent Kate home with some kale, along with other items, after their coffee date.  Things were falling into place.

I did some online research and found something that approximated what we had had at Lola's. My version used kale, shredded carrots, thinly sliced onions and roasted hazelnuts.  My marinade used olive oil, lemon juice, tamari, toasted sesame oil, and salt.  We also topped it with feta cheese right before serving.  This, along with one additional salad, came along to my sister Nat's house for some Olympic Opening Ceremony viewing, accompanied by an All-American grill-out in support of team USA. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails