Monday, August 20, 2012

Jess & Nick's CSA Delivery #8 - Aug 9, 2012



Here is what arrived from our CSA last week: summer squash; melon; cucumbers; peppers; tomatoes; broccoli; celery; eggplant and zucchini; more melon.



I sliced the watermelon open immediately and found this pretty, yellow flesh inside.  It was sweet and crisp and delicious.

I've already used the zucchini to make a chocolate zucchini bundt cake.  Nick and I have also made use of some cucumbers and tomatoes, combined with fresh mint, to make a refreshing garnish for onion pakoras.  Heidi Swanson has an intriguing celery salad recipe up on her blog, which I may try and reproduce with our beautiful celery.  I am also planning on making an eggplant Parmesan since there has been a little chill in the air, causing me to crave some warm, comfort foods.

Thank you to Harmony Valley Farm for our beautiful fruit and vegetables!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails