Saturday, March 10, 2012

Sunchoke-Leek Soup - March 3, 2012



Inspired by a soup I had at Laurelhurst Market when Nick and I were in Portland last month, this homemade sunchoke and leek soup was delicious.  To make it, I simply replaced the potatoes with sunchokes (also known as Jerusalem artichokes) in my favorite potato-leek soup recipe.  It worked perfectly and the resulting soup had a great sunchoke-y flavor.  Sometimes a simple ingredient switch is incredibly refreshing.



And, just a little something to accompany a post about soup...I found this Red Wing Pottery Bob White covered casserole at the thrift store last week.  It's in decent shape and makes an excellent soup tureen.  I really like the mid-century design, and love that it was made right here in Minnesota.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails