Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Reubens - March 19, 2012



As promised, Monday's dinner consisted of Reuben sandwiches made from some of our remaining corned beef.  Since I corned my own beef brisket, I didn't feel too guilty using store bought marble rye and sauerkraut.  Although, homemade sauerkraut is definitely on my to do list.

Our Reubens consisted of thinly sliced corned beef, sauerkraut, and baby Swiss on toasted marble rye.  Nick and I omitted the thousand island dressing mostly because we're not huge fans, and I didn't want to buy a whole bottle for the little we would have used on our sandwiches.  I suppose I could have looked into making a small batch of my own, but really, the sandwiches were delicious even without it.  Sacrilegious?  I'm sure to some, but Nick and I are rarely purists.

I have just enough corned beef left to do up a batch of red flannel hash tonight.  And with our overcast, rainy day, it will be a perfect dinner.  Looking back, I do wish I would have made more corned beef.  Jaime was right, the best part is the leftovers!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails