Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Pi Day! - March 14, 2012



That's right Dinner Clubbers, it's 3/14 once again.  What better reason to bake a pie than in celebration of this math-centric holiday?  I just pulled this beauty out of the oven.  It's my first coconut cream pie, and the first time my meringue has been anywhere near this successful.



Behold the fluffiness, the gently toasted peaks.  I used the recipe for coconut cream pie in my Better Homes and Gardens New Baking Book.  I also followed their directions for four egg white meringue to a T (except I didn't beat the whites for the full four minutes as described, stopping after about two and a half once I had stiff, shiny peaks).



This beauty will cool on the rack for about an hour.  Then I'll pop it in the refrigerator to chill all day.  Nick and I will tuck into this baby for our dessert tonight.  I can hardly wait.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Buzz said...

OMG coconut creme, lemon meringue...both the best.
That looks SO good!

Buzz said...

OMG coconut creme, lemon meringue...both the best.
That looks SO good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails