Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pork Chops and Bok Choy with Chili-Garlic Marinade - May 28, 2011


My task for this week is to use up as much of our CSA delivery before the second one comes on Thursday! The turnips, which I was most concerned about, turned out to be delicious and I wish I had more. The eggs are long gone, as are the strawberries. About half of the spinach remains and most of the onions - in part because we are also growing spinach and onions on the deck. And the pac choi/bok choy, which has been taunting me from the crisper drawer all week!

I'm not a huge fan of cabbage of any sort, unless it is transformed into sauerkraut and piled on a Wisconsin brat, that is! So, I wasn't sure how to deal with this. So I turned to the From Asparagus to Zucchini cookbook and saw this recipe for grilled pork chops and bok choy. My impressions are mixed. It was OK. Unfortunately, the marinade didn't really add much. If I were to do it again, I'd ramp up the spices and the garlic by adding some fresh chopped garlic and possibly some red pepper flakes. And I'm not sold on the bok choy. It isn't bad, just not yummy. I still have a few stalks left and need some other ideas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails